Vašulka Kitchen includes a sound studio Noise Kitchen Brno created in cooperation with Bastl Instruments. Its goal is to provide space for the work and research of artists in residence.
Noise Kitchen Brno covers
- Organizing regular lectures, presentations or workshops by media artists and professionals, often combining the format of the lecture with a practical presentation, demoing tools, installation, etc.
- Bringing artists at the residence. Points of interest are for example connecting technology and art, DIY approach, working with the community.
- Organizing educational technology workshops focused on broader public.
- Irregular concerts and performances in cooperation with the House of Arts and Vašulka Kitchen Brno.
Members of the Bastl Instruments team and guarantors of Noise Kitchen Brno activities at Vašulka Kitchen Brno are Nikol Štrobach and Matěj Kotouček.
Musician, promoter, member of the Brno AVA collective, founder of the audiovisual project Sky To Speak. At Bastl Instruments his work regards community and music publishing activities of Nona Records. He is active in the Thistle electroacoustic duo, which also participates in the Vlnobytí workshops, linking movement exercises, dance and improvised music. In addition to his own work, he composed music for several theater plays or a video game.
Lecturer, activist, and musician. She collaborates with the Synth Library Prague, co-founded the Pink Noise music team, presents tutorials on YouTube called Patching with Nikol, organizes educational workshops and experiments with connecting live plants and synthesizers. Performs under the artistic name Kukla.
Vašulka Kitchen together with the Bastl instruments team offers workshops focused on electronic musical instruments and their use.
A) For Beginners there is a workshop on sound basics and synthesizer playing. Participants will get to know not only basic concepts but also different types of instruments and their use for making music.
B) The Basic workshop is focused on the basics of playing on a modular system. We dive into sound waves, learn the basics of sound synthesis, and at the end, we will be able to play the modular system. Systems from Bastl will be available.
- Each of these workshops will have a theoretical and practical part - hands-on, where participants try their hand at engaging and playing instruments.
C) The advanced workshop will help you devise and effectively build your own modular system.
Workshops are designed for groups from 8-99+ years.
If you are interested in any of the workshops or have any questions, please contact Nikol Štrobachová: firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as there is a sufficient number of participants for the workshop, we will announce new dates.